In order for a student application for the Programme to be taken into consideration, the candidate must comply with the minimum requirements with regard to academic and language prerequisites.
Academic prerequisites are:
- Student should hold a Bachelor degree (a minimum of four years’ study at a university and of a minimum of 240 ECTS) in either Biomedical Engineering, Bioengineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering & Informatics, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Biochemistry and Molecular Biomedicine or other related fields. This prerequisite must be fulfilled at the time of administrative enrolment.
- Applications from Students in the last year of Bachelor or equivalent study programmes will be accepted conditionally.
Language prerequisites are:
- Proficiency in written and spoken English at a B2 level of the Common European Framework confirmed by language certificates. In a case of scientific excellence, the student with lower test scores can be admitted. Students that have finished Bachelor studies in English language do not require certificate.
|English Proficiency Exams||Score Equivalent to CEFR-B2 level|
||51 – 60|
|IELTS||5.5 – 6.5|
|TOEIC (R&L) Total||
minimum listening 400
minimum reading 160
minimum speaking 160
minimum writing 150
|Cambridge English Scale||160 – 179|
|TOEFL iBT||87 – 109|
|Global Scale of English (Pearson)||minimum 60|
In case you have different certificate, please contact us to check.
Duolingo certificate is not valid!
The documents that have to be submitted during the application are:
- A completed application form (download below)
- A photocopy of the student passport pages including name, date, place and expiry date (a scan of the national ID will be accepted conditionally if the applicant does not have a passport at the time of application).
- Proof of residence – the document should not be older than 6 months.
- Copy of academic degree(s) – university diploma or degree certificate indicating the final grade(s), and an explanation of the grading system of the university which issued the degree.
- A transcript of study results and grades and their translation – A full list of passed degree courses, scores and grading be provided. The list must contain name and signature of the person from the higher education institution, responsible for the conversion of the local grades to ECTS.
- Document signed by students applying for scholarship that they have not previously recived EMJM scholarship.
- Copy of the English language certificate, at least B2 level of the CEFR. The list of accepted certificates is listed in table above. Certificate requirement is waived for students who have proof of at least one year of secondary or university level study in an English language school. If student have not yet passed the test, he/she must provide a note with a date of intended test, and send in the results before the selection results date.
- A cover letter (max. 1000 words) demonstrating applicant’s motivation, academic/professional background and professional project.
- Curriculum Vitae (preferred format: Europass)
- Two recommendation letters – at least one being written by a member of the faculty from which the student has been or will be graduated. Recommendation letters need to contain the contact details of the referees.
- Evidence of research or professional experience – If applicable, any academic publications of which applicant is the first author or a co-author should be provided. In case of publications in languages other than English, an English translation of the abstract should be provided;
Required documentation must be uploaded as digital copies and in English language versions (original or translated by an authorised person)
- You may be required additional documents following your acceptance to the EMMBIOME programme.
During the application procedure, applicants will indicate whether they are applying for the Erasmus+ Scholarship (download document from this page).